What do you do when you are struggling, nothing seems to go the right way and things just suck? What do you do when you feel like you just can’t go on anymore? What if your problem is just too big and you don’t know how to tackle it?
I found that it is true that the best thing we can do is serve someone else.
You lost your job and you have nowhere to go? find a place to volunteer
You see that single mother struggling to make ends meet? how about you bring her a bag of groceries?
That person you saw getting picked on because they are different, how about you learn their name?
As we move around and face these week’s bliss & hurdles, let’s see if we can be a rainbow in somebody’s cloud…
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”- Maya Angelou
It can be so tempting to want to be in your bubble and to say ” I got my own problems” but there is something about the putting a smile on someone else’s face or speaking life into something or someone… It is a gift that keeps on giving.
Here are 5 things that you could experience if you choose kindness:
- Free and natural anti-depressant (serotonin): when you are kind, you produce serotonin which is known to help you feel good.
- Ever helped a person and you instantly feel like superman or superwoman? Along with improving your mood, acts of kindness give you boosts of energy
- As a big fan of Grey’s Anatomy, I am often amazed at how doctors can still treat people when they are hurt. Well! guess what? Acts of kindness reduce pain.
- People who are kind live longer
- We can all use more love in our lives: when we are kind, we release Oxytocin and apparently, cupid’s arrows are dipped into this.
I don’t know about you all but I want to choose kindness all day, every day…
PS: Find out more about kindness here