It’s my birthday and it’s a big deal because I have been on mother earth for 3 eventful decades! So! Here are the lessons that I am carrying with me as I march upward in life…
- Loving myself is not selfish
- I can never go wrong with being myself
- Spending time with myself is time well spent
- Believing in God is not optional
- I cannot do it without God
- Friends come and go, love them while they are there, let them go when it’s time.
- Love is meant to be enjoyed, at least if it ends, I’ll have the memories
- Living in the present is HARD but essential
- I can love people but not like them.
- Not choosing is a choice so I cannot be mad if someone else chooses for me.
“There is no graduation on life… we all learn as we go.”-Lilly said it
- Motherhood is a ministry, not a fatality.
- It is hard to make people proud of me if I am not proud of myself.
- My dreams do not need approval stamps from others
- Fall 99 times, get up 100 times
- God will give me what I need, not what I want.
- All things are working for my good even if I fall apart in the process
- As long as I attach my joy to a thing, a person or an achievement, I won’t find it.
- I can have joy anywhere, anytime and in every situation
- People see me how I see me.
- I am pretty darn resilient.
“We have patiently suffered long enough, hoping that someone or some kind of luck would one day grant us more opportunity and happiness. But nothing external can save us, and the fateful hour is at hand when we either become trapped at this level of life or we choose to ascend to a higher plane of consciousness and joy. In this ailing and turbulent world, we must find peace within and become more self-reliant in creating the life we deserve.” ― Brendon Burchard,
- I cannot just say “Thy will be done” to God, I have to walk the talk.
- Doing the right thing is extremely hard but it’s not the reason why I cannot do it.
- My tears are not signs of weakness, they are confirmation that I am still there.
“You may trod me in the very dirt But still, like dust, I’ll rise.”-Maya Angelou
- I define my value, I decide what is OK and what is not.
- I am Free
- Self-care is not “I will do it when I have time” kind of thing, it’s ” I have to do it so that I can overflow into my loved one” kinda thing.
“Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” Prov 31:30